Treating Veins With
Radiofrequency Ablаtіоn (RFA, аlѕо knоwn as VNUS or ClosureFAST, is a Mеdісаrе-apprоvеd, safe, minimally invasive procedure of removing varicose veins.
Or Call! 480-630-2886
How Does it Work?
Radiofrequency Ablаtіоn (RFA), аlѕо knоwn as VNUS or ClosureFAST, is a Mеdісаrе-apprоvеd, safe, minimally invasive procedure of removing varicose veins.
Unlike ligation and stripping where cuts are made over the vein, which is then tied off and stripped, RFA uses clean thermal energy inside the vein to gently close it off, leaving you with little to no marks that heal quickly.
The entire procedure takes between 15-45 minutes and can be performed on an outpatient basis.
Many patients return to work the same day.
Watch video above to learn more!
- The process begins by injecting the knee with a local anesthetic (numbing medication).
- Our certified physician uses ultrasound to gently place a needle inside the unhealthy vein and inserts a thin device called a catheter.
- A numbing solution is delivered to the walls of the vein.
- The catheter activates thermal energy that flows inside the walls of the vein.
- The heat seals the damaged vein permanently. Blood flow is re-routed to healthy veins while the body reabsorbs the unhealthy ones over time.
- After about 15-45 minutes you’re done! No more pain, no more unhealthy veins!
SIDE EFFECTS OF RADIOFREQUENCY ABLATION
Most of these side effects can be avoided completely if RFA is performed by an experienced vein treatment specialist.
Common: Bruising or Minor Stiffness
Common: Temporary Soreness
Rare: Temporary Numbness
Rare : Recurrence of Varicose Veins
Very Rare: Infection
Rare: Deep Vein Thrombosis
Let's Have a Conversation.
Pros of Radiofrequency for Varicose Veins
- Covered by most insurances & medicare.
- Traditional surgery has 85% with significantly more side effects. RFA treatments have a 95-98% success rate.
- Unlike Endovenous Laser Ablation, RFA causes less post-procedural discomfort.
- We consider RFA to be one of the safest most effective ways to treat major varicose veins.
- Significant improvement in the way your legs look and feel.
RFA Varicose Vein Treatment Can Solve
- Leg Pain/aching/cramping
- Skin changes / discoloration
- Leg & ankle swelling
- Heavy feeling in legs
- Venous ulcers
- Leg restlessness
- Leg itching/burning/numbness
- Aesthetic appearance of legs
Radiofrequency Ablation Treatment FAQ
Most people with vein disease are eligible for RFA. Exceptions include patients wіth асtіvе bleeding disorders оr іnfесtіоnѕ. In your free consultation we will discuss your medical history and your doctor will determine if if RFA treatment is best for you.
RFA is a minimally invasive procedure that is mildly uncomfortable. Most patients are able to return to work the same day.
RFA treatments are covered by most insurance providers. Please book a free consultation to see if you qualify.